Economic Contribution of the NSROC Region – Highlights
The Northern Sydney Region is an economic powerhouse for Sydney and NSW:
- It produces around $53.66 billion in gross regional product or 11.7 percent of the State’s gross product (2012).
- It employs around 354,121 people, with a population of over 589,317. (NIEIR 2013)
- It has nearly 70,673 registered businesses.(2013)
- The largest employer sector is Professional, Scientific and Techical Services at 62,554 people.
- The largest financial output sector is Professional, Scientific and Technical Services at $14 billion.
- It has an unemployment rate of 4.37 percent compared to the State average 5.78 percent.( 2013)
For live updates on key economic indicators and information about workforce capability and industry concentrations go to our statistical profile at the link below:ECONOMIC PROFILE
Historical information In 2004 the Centre for Internal Economics (CIE) was commissioned to undertake a study of the economic contribution of the NSROC region. See the 2005 NSROC Regional Economic Contribution Report